NEW! Coming in Spring 2017! Fort Ligonier Center for History Education.
Fort Ligonier is excited to welcome educators, students, re-enactors, and visitors to the new Center for History Education. Opening in spring 2017, this beautiful, new space with its inspirational view of the Fort will enhance our efforts to educate, entertain, and enthrall the public about the local, national, and world history that took place at Fort Ligonier and throughout the valley.
About the Fort Ligonier Center for History Education:
- A year-round facility for educational programming, workshops, lectures, and exhibitions
- First floor offers 5,277 square feet of new program space
- Accommodates 220 guest’s theater style; 110 classroom style
- Elevated platform for presenter, speakers, and panel discussions.
- Connects to the Museum and is easily accessible to the historic site
- Patio with outdoor seating adjacent to center
- Large glass doors and windows offer a sweeping view of Fort
Instilling a love for history, creating an engaging and fun learning environment while explaining American colonial frontier life during the British-French struggle for empire is a goal for Fort Ligonier’s Education Department. The new center will provide the team with much-needed space to expand their hands-on, interactive educational programs that appeal to public, private, and homeschool students of all ages. The center will also be a hub for the Education Department’s Teacher Workshops, Kids Camps, Cannonball Club, Scout programs and more! For more information about Fort Ligonier’s Education Programs, please contact the Education Department at email@example.com.
Fort Ligonier Makes History Fun!
Look for the return of “Night at the Fort Museum” and our Fall Lecture Series, as well as additional lectures, films, “Lunch Bunch” Programs, workshops, and more to be presented in 2017!