- An advanced reservation is necessary to accommodate your tour. Please call or email our Education Department to make a reservation. You can do this by phone at: 724-238-9701 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As your bus arrives a member of the staff will greet you for a brief orientation and provide a schedule(s) for your group. Please let us know if your students will need to take a restroom break prior to beginning the tour.
- In order to expedite the admission process we ask that students enter in a single file line. If you have more than one group, please enter in the order of the groups. (Group 1 followed by Group 2 etc…)
- We want everyone to have a safe and enjoyable visit. In the interest of safety, teachers and chaperones are expected to maintain good discipline. When touring the site, chaperones are expected to stay with their group. We also ask that you keep children from climbing on the gun battery or entering the moat.
- Lunches may either be left on the bus or stored in the museum. Please notify us when you arrive if you will need lunch storage. If the weather is inclement we will do our best to provide an indoor space to eat.
- Photography is allowed in the museum as long as the flash on the camera is turned off. Photography is allowed outside and on the fort grounds.
- If your school has a strict gun policy, please be aware that the museum store sells toy replicas of 18th century guns and plastic swords. Please advise your students as well as our staff according to your policy.
- Teachers are encouraged to read the Confirmation Packet sent via email prior to visiting. This confirmation packet will make teachers aware of crucial information needed for their visit to the fort.
Tips for Teachers
Hours of Operation
Mon - Sat: 10 AM - 4:30 PM
Sun: 11 AM - 4:30 PM
Opening April 29, 2017
The Museum is Handicap Accessible